Keep Your Duct System Happy and Healthy
Did you know that proper ductwork could be the hidden piece of the puzzle to achieving an energy-efficient, comfortable, and safe home? That’s why it’s crucial to ensure that your ducts are properly cleaned and sealed to protect both your HVAC system and your family.
As an essential component of your home’s heating and cooling system, ducts move conditioned air throughout your home. Ducts play an important role in indoor air quality because they interact with all of the air that your household breathes.
As indoor air quality has become a growing concern due to its significant health effects, duct cleaning has been established as a new method designed to improve the quality of your indoor air. Duct cleaning involves the thorough purification of your home’s whole ductwork system, ensuring that no component is overlooked so any threat to the quality of your air is minimized.
Does Your Home’s Duct System Need to Be Cleaned?
It may be unclear how to decide if your home’s ductwork needs to be cleaned. We recommend using your phone to snap a photo inside your ducts to reveal build-up in the ductwork. Additionally, if you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, then it may be time to schedule a duct cleaning service to help protect your home’s air supply.
- Have you noticed any mold or mildew collecting around or inside ducts or any other components of your HVAC system?
- Has your home experienced a significant leak within your HVAC system or the attic or walls near your ductwork?
- Do you suspect that your ducts are harboring a significant amount of dust or debris?
- Has your home had any infestation within your ductwork, such as insects or rodents?
- Has your home been recently remodeled or undergone construction?
Cleaning your home’s duct system offers a valuable opportunity to ensure that your home’s air supply is clean from the inside of your HVAC system. It is normal for homes to have small amounts of dust and debris in the duct system and air supply; however, there are many cases in which your ducts could be subjecting your household to potentially harmful airborne particles and pollutants.
While duct cleaning services continue to garner support, the practice is a new approach to indoor air quality. That’s why it’s essential to entrust this service to a qualified and committed service provider like Comfort Temp.
Many homes have improperly installed or sealed ductwork, which, according to ENERGY STAR, can cause up to 30% of conditioned air to be lost through leaks, cracks, and inadequately connected ducts. This can lead to many issues, including poor indoor air quality and increased utility costs.
What Is Duct Sealing?
Duct sealing should be left to a qualified HVAC provider and is not a simple DIY fix. Duct sealing is a specialized process that requires a qualified service technician to inspect your home’s duct system to identify any areas of poorly installed ductwork and any leaks, holes, or weak points. The materials used are much more qualified and long-lasting than anything on hand. At Comfort Temp, we use the highest quality sealants, tapes, and insulation materials to seal your ducts properly, keeping your utility bills down for years to come.
How Can Duct Sealing Help You?
Improperly sealed ducts can cause many issues for homeowners. Without adequate distribution of your home’s conditioned air, the efforts of your HVAC unit and the money invested in keeping your home energy efficient and safe could go to waste. By taking corrective measures to seal your home’s ductwork, you can find many benefits, including:
- Reduced utility costs and enhanced energy efficiency
- Easily regulated and sustained indoor temperatures
- Higher indoor air quality
- Less strain on your HVAC unit from compensating for the loss of conditioned air
- Improved safety from the back-drafting of combustion gases from appliances
- A larger environmental contribution from reduced energy usage
Signs that Your Ductwork Is Improperly Sealed
With most home duct systems stored in an attic or tight crawl space, it may be difficult to see that your ducts are improperly sealed. Luckily, there are some key signs that it may be time to call for a duct sealing service that can be noticed without directly inspecting your home’s duct system. Your home may be struggling with inadequate duct sealing if:
- Your utility costs become significantly higher during the summer and winter months
- You find your home’s air to feel still and stale, especially in certain areas
- Some of the rooms in your home seem more difficult to heat and cool
- You notice any twisted, bent, or poorly connected ducts
If you notice any of these signs, we highly recommend taking measures to properly seal your home’s ductwork. This is an effective way to drastically improve your home’s energy efficiency, safety, and comfort.
Duct Cleaning and Sealing With Comfort Temp
Here at Comfort Temp, our top priority is our customers. In our services, we use the highest-quality materials and the most innovative, efficient, and effective strategies alongside a passion for ensuring our customers’ well-being and comfort. Entrust your home’s ductwork to our team of qualified service technicians by calling us for duct cleaning or sealing services today.