Comfort Temp Heating and Air is looking for a Commercial Service Tech to join our growing team! This person will be responsible for installing commercial HVAC equipment, starting various units and troubleshooting as needed.
Must have knowledge of:
- Installation of Commercial HVAC equipment.
- Light experience with sheet metal and or duct board applications.
- Control wiring and start up procedures.
- Perform inspections of new equipment operations, make adjustments and repairs of new equipment to ensure constant and reliable indoor air comfort.
- Operation, reclaim, and charging of HFC, HCFC, and CFC refrigerants.`
- Solder and Braze new Copper piping, as well as Installation of PVC piping for condensation.
- Maintain inventory and supplies of air conditioning and refrigeration truck stock.
- Diagnose mechanical systems, and electrical issues to make repairs to HVAC equipment
- Assist other Sheetmetal technicians with installation when applicable.
- Possess 5 years of experience maintaining, repairing, and installing refrigeration and HVAC units, equipment, and systems; or associate’s degree in HVAC/refrigeration systems; or a two-year technical HVAC/refrigeration training program successfully completed after high school; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Strong knowledge of the hazards associated with the occupation, and the safety precautions to maintain all times; examples include knowledge of procedures in handling chemicals such as degreasers, cleaners, Freon, and acids
- Possess required permits and licenses by local laws and ordinances to repair, maintain, and operate refrigeration and HVAC systems and equipment (EPA Certified)
- Strong ability to give attention to detail and be accurate in performing work duties
- Strong ability to make sound professional judgement and uphold ethics and confidentiality
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to climb and maneuver on tight spaces, ladders, and work and staging platforms; ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds; strong ability to climb over and around equipment in construction locations; and ability to work 80-90% of the time standing.
- Strong ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical plans and wiring diagrams; and adhere to safety guidelines.
- General Construction experience a plus
- Required hand tools and torches
- Bilingual preferred.
We are looking for a candidate who aligns with our Core Values:
- Comfort is Our Concern – create comfortable environments. Deliver peace of mind.
- Commitment to Quality – Never Cut corners. See it through to the very end.
- Answer through Ingenuity – Bring curiosity, creativity and craft to every job.
- People over Ego – Results matter much more than accolades.
- Clear, considerate communication – Tell the truth with kindness and respect.
- Go farther together – Excellence grows from multifaceted partnerships.
Compensation: $25.00 – $38.00 per hour. Pay depends on qualifications and/or experience
- Health (80% Employer Contribution)
- Dental & Vision
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental & Short-Term Disability
- 401K and Matching
- Celebrate Primary Care
- PTO & Holiday Pay
In addition to these awesome benefits, we offer: gym membership reimbursements, a company funded Wellness Program, uniforms, employee gifts, birthday & holiday gifts, culture teams with fun quarterly events, company parties and fishing tournament & lots of opportunities to get involved in our community and give back! Some positions may also include: company vehicle, gas card, credit card, phone, tablet and/or laptops.
Comfort is our business. Peace of mind if our promise. Comfort Temp offers full service mechanical contracting for new and existing buildings. We are a growing company built on family values. We have office locations in Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Orlando.
Equal Opportunities Employer:
Comfort Temp Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic.