Have you ever felt the stress of needing AC repair? With regular maintenance, you are far less likely to have to deal with that stress in the future. Like any machine, your HVAC unit requires some attention to continue running smoothly. AC maintenance may seem just as burdensome as having the oil changed in your car, but you’ll be thankful to have done both in the long run.
Why is AC Maintenance Important?
Without regular maintenance, you can expect a progressive decline in the performance of your HVAC unit alongside a consistent increase in your utility bills as the unit struggles to keep your home comfortable. On the other hand, regular HVAC maintenance can benefit your household in many ways, including:
- Improved indoor air quality
- Enhanced unit performance
- Keeps your warranty valid on your unit
- Increased unit longevity
- Reduced energy consumption
- Less risk of unexpected repair costs
How to Know if You Need AC Maintenance
The simple answer to whether you need AC maintenance is “yes.” Any HVAC unit requires maintenance at least once per year. Optimally, you should be having your unit serviced regularly, once in the spring and once in the fall for cooling and heating performance, respectively. However, if you are only going to plan for an annual maintenance service, early spring is the ideal time to prepare your unit for the warmer weather here in Florida.
AC Maintenance with Comfort Temp
Beneficial Steps You Can Take Yourself
While our team can provide thorough care your unit needs during service calls, there are some key steps that you can take to ensure the optimal performance of your unit all year long, including:
- Changing your AC filters. This is one of the most important things you can do to keep your HVAC unit running smoothly. AC filters need to be changed every month or two months depending on the filter type and household conditions. Replacing a dirty or clogged filter can save your household up to 15% in energy consumption.
- Clearing debris. Remove any debris you notice immediately surrounding your outdoor unit. Don’t let any leaves pile or risk any branches getting stuck in the unit.
- Getting ready for winter. If you don’t plan to use your AC unit during the winter months, it may be helpful to cover the outdoor component to protect it from any inclement weather during the season.
How Our Team Can Help
Our team of qualified service professionals know exactly what to look for during an HVAC inspection and can offer immediate remedies to any potential issues that might hurt your unit’s performance and longevity. With thorough cleaning and purification practices, your unit will be rejuvenated to its prime. There are many crucial components of an effective maintenance service that can be difficult for most homeowners to complete on their own, including:
- Cleaning the evaporator coils
- Cleansing and straightening the coil fins
- Clearing the condensate drains
- Ensuring the proper amount of refrigerant
- Checking for leaks within the unit and ductwork
- Inspecting the electrical components
- Verifying that the thermostat is working correctly
The maintenance checklist can be overwhelming to the eyes of many homeowners; however, our team provides efficiency alongside their expertise, guaranteeing an effective and efficient service.
Don’t Put Off Maintenance
The time to check-in on your HVAC unit is before something goes awry. Don’t wait until you notice a problem to call for service; be proactive and allow our team to ensure your family’s complete comfort.
The value of maintenance should be reduced costs and more predictable comfort. That’s why Comfort Temp ensures that this is an affordable service, saving you both time and money in the long run. Sign up today for planned maintenance programs starting as low as $17 a month!